Welcome

PRESENTATION OF MY ARTWORK & IDEAS, EXTRACTS AND CLIPS FROM TEXT & FILM, EXPLORATION OF CULTURE/PSYCHOANALYSIS/AESTHETICS, AWARENESS OF RELEVANT CURRENT & UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS/TALKS/EVENTS, RESEARCH INTO ARTISTS

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Lucy Gunning

"This is a time for me to reconsider drawing in relation to my practice. 'Drawing' for me embodies a particular approach to working, an immediacy, a fluidity and a tentativeness that I enjoy - a movement towards an end and then a movement back from there, so that it remains an approach rather than a highly polished, finished thing. I am interested in parallels between drawing and filming: hand-held fluidity, already framed and edited. How recording something with a pencil or a camera isn't so much a way of capturing an existing thing as creating a new one." (January 2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment