Welcome

PRESENTATION OF MY ARTWORK & IDEAS, EXTRACTS AND CLIPS FROM TEXT & FILM, EXPLORATION OF CULTURE/PSYCHOANALYSIS/AESTHETICS, AWARENESS OF RELEVANT CURRENT & UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS/TALKS/EVENTS, RESEARCH INTO ARTISTS

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Sara Slee Brown

'I create my work by combining images of the known world around me with those of my imagination. My unique experience and perspective, combined with my painterly technique of manipulating digital scans and photographs produce beautiful and evocative images that depict my personal spaces, dreams and realities.
My work reflects my ideas, feelings and experiences as daughter, sister, wife, mother and grandmother; also the lessons I've learned as a breast cancer survivor. I have come to love and appreciate the essence and beauty of ordinary objects and everyday things. Several years ago I discovered the power and beauty of digital imaging. This medium has shown me a new world of shapes, textures and light. I have created some of this work by placing favorite objects on a flat bed scanner. In others I have used a digital camera to capture an image which I can then rethink, manipulate, refine or combine with other images. Sometimes the alteration is very simple and slight. Other times the image is reworked many, many times to create something entirely new.'

Field of Lace
http://www.sarasleebrown.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Rosanna,
    Thank you so much for including my artwork on your blog. It is great to get positive reinforcement. I wish you all the best in your budding art career.
    Sara Slee Brown

    ReplyDelete