Welcome

PRESENTATION OF MY ARTWORK & IDEAS, EXTRACTS AND CLIPS FROM TEXT & FILM, EXPLORATION OF CULTURE/PSYCHOANALYSIS/AESTHETICS, AWARENESS OF RELEVANT CURRENT & UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS/TALKS/EVENTS, RESEARCH INTO ARTISTS

Sunday 27 November 2011

Shimmering Violet Paint Tube Memory

 
 

 

 

I know its an odd thing to photograph, but I was experimenting. I'm thinking about objects that provoke memories; that are memories in themselves rather than us simply looking at an image to remember something. In this instance, the paint tube reminds me of an outing I had with my Dad to an art shop in Coulsdon, where he proceeded to act like he had all the money to spend and therefore buy me loads of things in the shop, including this tube of paint - just because it was a 'shimmering' violet. The reason was because I had been planning to make paintings of nearby lavender fields, so he thought it would be a good way for me to get started. I never want to use it all up because it reminds me of him, and this time we had together. Even if I bought another paint tube of that same brand, it wouldn't hold personal significance because it wasn't the exact tube that was held and bought by my Dad.

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy and silly and brilliant that such everyday things can hold such memories.
    I remember those photos you took from that lavender field.
    XX

    ReplyDelete